This week’s readings and questions:
Monday, July 23
- Proverbs 11 speak heavily of the promises that come to those who seek righteousness. Are you a person who seeks “right-living?”
- Proverbs 11:25 notes that generosity is a characteristic of a wise person. How could you be more generous with what you have this week?
Tuesday, July 24
- Proverbs 12 talks a lot about how we use our words (Listen to the message on Wise Words). It what ways are you seeking to use your words more wisely?
- Proverbs 12:1 speaks of “loving discipline.” Why do you suppose it is wise to pursue and love discipline?
Wednesday, July 25
- Proverbs 13:4 speaks of the consequences of a lazy person and a hard worker. How would you categorize yourself in your work?
- Proverbs 13:8 speaks again of the benefits of accepting correction. How do you suppose our being corrected leads us to a more honorable life?
- Are you a person who accepts correction humbly or rejects it pridefully?
Thursday, July 26
- What do you suppose Proverbs 14:13 means?
- Proverbs 14:29 speaks of the importance of being even-tempered. Are you even-tempered and patient?
Friday, July 27
- Would you consider yourself a person who uses your words gently or harshly (Proverbs 15:1)? If you use harsh words what is maybe going on in your heart that the Holy Spirit needs to change so your words can be more gentle?
- Proverbs 15:22 talks about planning. Do you seek counsel as you plan for the future or do you just leave it to your own judgment?